قديم 06-16-2009, 05:30 PM
greenlandps greenlandps غير متواجد حالياً
عضو جديد

تاريخ التسجيل: Jun 2009
المشاركات: 10
افتراضي قصة نجاح من غزة

For Immediate Release

A hero from Maghazi Camp

Ahmed Abo El Reesh, 20 years old, is a volunteer at the Caritas Jerusalem Medical Center in Gaza. He has received his diploma in nursing from Gaza recently. Before entering college in Gaza City, Ahmed wanted to travel to Algeria to get his Bachelor degree, but he couldn't leave because of the closure of the Rafah terminal, the only gate out for the Palestinians in Gaza.

Ahmed became locally famous for his bravery during the recent Israeli incursions, especially in Maghazi Camp, which is located in the middle of the Gaza Strip. He was one of only a few people who were transferring the injured from the dangerous areas to hospitals. He passed through many risky and dreadful experiences, but he survived. Now he is sharing his experiences about the recent events in the Al Maghazi region of Gaza.

Speaking about his work of saving lives during the incursions, he said: "There was a huge explosion in this street and it was full of dust. I couldn’t see anything. There was also another explosion. Then I found an injured boy. I tried to take him away, but when the dust vanished, I found many bodies on the ground. Firstly, I was shocked and speechless, but I rescued them one by one. All of them were children." Ahmed explains, painfully, about one of the moments during the Israeli incursion into Maghazi last July.

According to medical sources, 4 children were killed and another 4 were seriously injured in the above-mentioned attack. They were unarmed children from Maghazi.

The Israeli incursion into Maghazi started in 19th July, 2006 when an Israeli special force entered the camp and killed 8 Palestinians, among them 2 children. Then, the Israeli army invaded the Camp from many sides with air support from a spy plane. The military operation lasted for 5 days.

In every corner and every spot in Maghazi, Ahmed Abo El Reesh has a story to tell. Whenever he moves in Maghazi, he relates a story of a person who died or one who was injured. "The Israeli army used this building as a military site. There was a sniper on the roof shooting at anyone who appeared." Ahmed explains.

He added, "There was a young man in this place and the sniper shot him. I wanted to pull him away, but the Israeli sniper shot at me. The man died in front of my eyes."

Ahmed and his colleague, Jumaa Khadoura, were the only two nurses who were working during the incursion and nobody was helping them except the ambulance drivers who did not dare to do their jobs especially after the story of Anwar Abu Holi, an ambulance driver, who was targeted by an Israeli plane and lost a part of his leg.

"My colleague, Jumaa Khadoura, and I were the only nurses who went out to bring wounded people to the hospital. It was really exhausting, but we are proud of this." Ahmed said.

Jumaa Khadoura, who is also a volunteer at Caritas' Medical Center in Gaza, said, "I remember once we transferred seven injured people in one ambulance." This indicates the lack of medical facilities in Maghazi.

"Maghazi does not have any hospital. Even the most basic medical services are not offered. Ambulances and their drivers are not equipped to properly treat an injured person. They are only vehicles to transfer people from a place to another." Jumaa said.

Jumaa added, "In one hour, Ahmed and I transferred 40 wounded to the hospital. We brought the injured person, then we carry him in the ambulance, then we administer first-aid to him on the way to the hospital and then we return to Maghazi to bring another injured person."

The ambulances arrived from Rafah, Deir El Balah and Gaza. The closest hospital to Maghazi is the Al Aqsa Hospital in Deir El Balah. It takes 15 minutes to reach it from Maghazi.

Ahmed says, "I feel that it is a duty to serve injured civilians. It is something focusing on the humanitarian needs and it makes me feel that I am doing something for my society."

Dr Bandali Al Sayegh, Director of the Caritas Jerusalem Medical Center in Gaza, said, "Ahmed is an active, honest and excellent volunteer. He is not waiting for any reward for his efforts. He does good because he has a strong inner personal desire to do positive things. We also cannot forget Jumaa, who is also an active and excellent volunteer. Both of them work hard just to help people. They are really two unique men."

Ahmed's mother said, "I am very proud and happy because of my son, Ahmed, because he helps his country and the people of Palestine. He rescues children. I am also sad at the same time due of the killing which we see almost everyday."

She also said, "I used to feel afraid because my son is going to a dangerous area, but he told me many times not to be worried … I was glad when I saw him on TV carrying the wounded and doing an important role in helping the people."

Ahmed's sister also talked about him and his kind and brave heart. She said, "He is so gentle and kind from inside. He is the best brother ever."

Eoin Murray of Trocaire (left) and Ahmed Abo El Reesh (right), from Caritas, visit the people of Maghazi Camp (Photo: Caritas)
Note: You can read some of Eoin Murray's firsthand accounts of the situation in Gaza on his August 2006 visit – see www.eoinmurray.blogspot.com -end-
Mobile:0599318702 \ email:ahmadreesh@hotmail.com

رد مع اقتباس
قديم 07-06-2009, 03:03 PM
الدلوعه الدلوعه غير متواجد حالياً
عضو جديد

تاريخ التسجيل: Jul 2009
المشاركات: 14
افتراضي

مشكوره

رد مع اقتباس
إضافة رد

تعليمات المشاركة
لا تستطيع إضافة مواضيع جديدة
لا تستطيع الرد على المواضيع
لا تستطيع إرفاق ملفات
لا تستطيع تعديل مشاركاتك

BB code is متاحة
كود [IMG] متاحة
كود HTML معطلة

الانتقال السريع

المكتبة العلمية | المنتدى | دليل المواقع المقالات | ندوات ومؤتمرات | المجلات | دليل الخدمات | الصلب المشقوق وعيوب العمود الفقري | التوحد وطيف التوحد  | متلازمة داون | العوق الفكري | الشلل الدماغي | الصرع والتشنج | السمع والتخاطب | الاستشارات | صحة الوليد | صحة الطفل | أمراض الأطفال | سلوكيات الطفل | مشاكل النوم | الـربـو | الحساسية | أمراض الدم | التدخل المبكر | الشفة الارنبية وشق الحنك | السكري لدى الأطفال | فرط الحركة وقلة النشاط | التبول الليلي اللاإرادي | صعوبات التعلم | العوق الحركي | العوق البصري | الدمج التربوي | المتلازمات | الإرشاد الأسري | امراض الروماتيزم | الصلب المشقوق | القدم السكرية

الساعة الآن 09:22 PM.